Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 1 - In review.


My first dive into the 9 to 5 world couldn't have taken place in a better location - DC. Not only that, I'm working in a hotbed of activity. While I can't recount everything that goes on here, I can freely state exactly what I'm doing.

For starters, I'm living the dream - my dream that is. I'm wearing a tie every day to an office where I sit behind a desk and change the world...well, insomuch as an intern is allowed to.

On a more practical level, my job for the first half of the week involved preparing briefs for a certain Official to read before interviewing a candidate for a very high governmental position. This meant I got to look into the lives of potential candidates and find all the good, the bad and the ugly on them (including a Scientologist - needless to say, I didn't give her a positive spin). In any event, my words were the ones being read by someone making big, potentially life-changing decisions. This...is awesome.

The second half of the week involved taking over my boss's assistants job - easy. Answering phones, reminding him of meetings are all things that seem inconsequential. However, I know, deep down in my heart of hearts, that it is, in fact, inconsequential.

Furthermore, I found out this week that I am getting a roommate - not cool. I have been living in my apartment for 2 weeks now and have spread out into the whole thing. Now I have to cut that in half for a roommate? I know I'm whining, but I'm really going to try to take a godly attitude towards this one. It'll be difficult, but I'm going to try.

This has been mostly me complaining or bragging about my life. Fear not! For it is my intention include reports and my thoughts on a lot of things going on here in the Capital.

That's it.

Thank you and goodnight.

-Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment